- Your information belongs to you.
- You will share your information with us only to the extent that we give you value for what you share.
- You have the right to choose what information you share.
- You have the right to know what will happen to that information once you have shared it.
- You have the right to choose how your information is used.
- Your information should be kept totally confidential.
Good relationships are built on trust. To earn your trust, we follow these policies:
- We collect only what we need. We will only ask for the information that will enable us to serve you better.
- Normal correspondence and requests for information. We collect your e-mail address if you communicate with us via e-mail to request any information from the City of Cortez (such as brochures, applications, bid documents, etc). We use that e-mail address to answer the e-mail we receive.
- Our lists are not shared with anyone. Our lists and other information are totally confidential. They are never sold to, rented to, or shared with anyone for any purposes.
- A "cookie" is simply an identifying code the browser (e.g., Internet Explorer) is instructed to save in a specially named file where all of the cookie information in stored on your computer. Only the Web server that sends the cookie can retrieve the cookie. The cookie information is not linked to any other information and is not accessible by any other party. The cookie does not allow us to see where else you have surfed on the net.
- If you have concerns about how cookies work, see http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx . We realize that there is a lot of misinformation in the public press about cookies. The only reasons we use them is to enable us to provide the services to you and to improve those services through our interaction with you.
- Our Web server collects your computer domain name, a record of what pages on this site you access or visit, and compiles aggregate information on what pages all visitors access or visit. We use this information to improve the content or design of our Web site by noting what visitors most want to see and what seems to cause the visitors to leave.
- Opting out of e-mails from us. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by any of the contact means listed below and tell us that you do not want to receive e-mail from our company. You will be promptly removed from our lists. We will send a confirmation of your removal. In the confirmation, we may ask how we could have made this site and our services more valuable to you. You may or may not respond to this confirmation, at your total discretion.
- No change in use without permission. We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. A confirmation request will be e-mailed to you before any changes to these policies will be made that has the potential of reducing your privacy.
- Use of street and mailing addresses. If you supply us with your address on-line, you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
- Privacy on linked sites is not assured. This site has multiple links to other sites not controlled by the City of Cortez, and we warrant no level of privacy protection from or by those other sites.
- Privacy of minors is important. Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain the birth dates or ages of our visitors nor collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13.
- How you can access or correct your information. At any time, you may request to review or update your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain. Simply call us at 970-565-3402. To better protect the integrity and security of your information, we will also take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
- Applicability of this notice. This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the City of Cortez website.
Should you have any questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us by any of the methods provided below:
City of Cortez
210 E. Main Street
Cortez, CO 81321
Effective date: July 1, 2004