Overview: Do you have a passion for people and places? The Colorado Welcome Center in Cortez strives to provide a visitor’s first memorable impression of Colorado hospitality. We’re looking for people who enjoy speaking to the public about our region and our state. Volunteering at the Colorado Welcome Center is a rewarding place to interact with visitors and locals alike. If you’re looking for a place to make a difference, with a rewarding and supportive atmosphere, educational field trips and interesting people, consider volunteering with us! This position is ideal for someone who enjoys talking to people and working with the public. Travel Counselors volunteer under the supervision of the Travel Counselor and Guest Services Coordinator.
Travel Counselors are asked to commit to a morning or afternoon shift, and are encouraged to volunteer as often as they are able.
Travel Counselor Responsibilities and Details:
- Greet visitors.
- Provide visiting public current travel information about destinations, activities, and road conditions pertaining to their travel interests.
- Answer questions and distribute travel information and counseling on region and state information.
- Stock shelves and racks with brochures as needed. Some filing tasks.
- Stock bathrooms with supplies as needed.
- General knowledge of the local area and tourist attractions.
- General knowledge of the local area and tourist attractions;
- Interest in working with people;
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Ability to “think on one’s feet”;
- Self-motivated; ability to be productive with minimal supervision;
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and an attitude of respect for working with diverse staff and visitors;
- Extended periods of standing;
- Understanding that hospitality is a priority;
- Complete background check.
- There will be initial training of systems and operation, followed ongoing training and support. Study trips and field trips are also offered to learn about region and state.
- Official Welcome Center uniform, snacks and beverages, and monthly meetings are offered.
- Ongoing enrichment programs, expert lectures, field visits to other sites of interest;
- Social events, monthly meetings, and Annual appreciation dinner.
To Apply: Obtain a volunteer application at http://www.mesaverdecountry.com/volunteer or contact Mesa Verde Country at email@example.com, (970) 565-8227