Each year, the Cortez City Council budgets money from the General Fund to support community organizations that preserve or enrich the health, education, welfare, and fitness of the community.
The Cortez City Council endeavor to promote community support organizations through this grant process. Community support organizations may receive grants to support activities and programs that are accessible to the City of Cortez community and encourage the development of healthy community organizations that provide programs for citizen welfare and education in the region. Council funding priorities for 2019 are:
- Nonprofits with verification of status from the State of Colorado.
- Organizations that address a unique community need.
- Organizations that serve a broad spectrum of the community.
- Organizations that avoid overlapping services.
- Established service providers.
Cortez City Council will consider proposals from community organizations that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applications will be accepted from organizations that provide programs for citizen welfare, arts and education. Programming and activities shall be accessible to the City of Cortez community.
- Only one (1) application may be submitted per organization. Application can be obtained online at the link below or may be picked up at City Hall. Completed applications can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or can be mailed or delivered to City of Cortez, 123 Roger Smith Ave., Cortez, CO 81321, Attn: Dawn McCabe-Lightenburger.
- Grant requests for $5,000 or less shall be made using the City of Cortez’ grant application.
- Supplemental documentation may only be sent to members of the Cortez City Council or Parks and Recreation Advisory Board at their request.
If you received funds for 2018, a follow-up report on the use of any City of Cortez funds awarded for 2018 is required with the application or by September 28, 2018 if the applicant does not apply for a 2019 grant.
Each application will be evaluated according to its strengths, merits, and completeness. Amount of awards, funding agreements, and comments to applicant organizations will be mailed out in November of 2018.
Application in Word Format
Application in PDF Format